About Leonard Isenberg
I am a second generation teacher in LAUSD. I graduated from Monroe High School in 1964 with an excellent public school education that has allowed me to earn three college degrees: BA in European History- UCLA, Doctor of Jurisprudence- Golden Gate University, and a Masters in Education- UCLA. The exceptional education I received as a basis for my later higher education has given me the ability to be successful as a producer in the motion picture business, a professor of comparative law in France, and a social studies teacher at various locations in Los Angeles. My life experience both here and in Europe motivates me to work for the creation of a first rate public education system here in Los Angeles and elsewhere in the United States, which I unequivocally believe is the prerequisite for dealing with the myriad of problems that we presently face as a society.
- 04.21.2015CARE TO FIND LAUSD IN ATLANTA?
- 04.18.2015LAUSD'S MATT HILL CONTINUES TO FAIL UPWARD AS BURBANK UNIFIED'S NEW SUPERINTENDENT DESIGNANT
- 04.11.2015TEACHER TENURE: L.A. TIMES "REPORTER" BLUME CONTINUES TO MANIPULATE HIS READERS
- 04.05.20151st AMENDMENT FREE EXERCISE OF RELIGION OR LEGALIZED BIGOTRY?
- 04.04.2015IS A CHARTER SCHOOL AN EASY TARGET FOR PERSONAL MANIPULATION?
- 04.02.2015"POOLING" WHAT WE KNOW TO TAKE A BITE OUT OF THE DROUGHT
- 03.24.2015NEW LOS ANGELES AND KIPP COMIENZA: CHARTERS THAT GET IT RIGHT... IF GIVEN A CHANCE
- 03.23.2015A CHIP OFF THE OLD CIVIL RIGHTS?
- 03.18.2015LAUSD 2020: HALF OF ALL HEALTHCARE BUDGET WILL BE SPENT ON RETIRED TEACHERS
- 03.18.2015LAUSD "SCAFFOLDING": A PLACE FROM WHICH YOU HANG TEACHERS