About Leonard Isenberg
I am a second generation teacher in LAUSD. I graduated from Monroe High School in 1964 with an excellent public school education that has allowed me to earn three college degrees: BA in European History- UCLA, Doctor of Jurisprudence- Golden Gate University, and a Masters in Education- UCLA. The exceptional education I received as a basis for my later higher education has given me the ability to be successful as a producer in the motion picture business, a professor of comparative law in France, and a social studies teacher at various locations in Los Angeles. My life experience both here and in Europe motivates me to work for the creation of a first rate public education system here in Los Angeles and elsewhere in the United States, which I unequivocally believe is the prerequisite for dealing with the myriad of problems that we presently face as a society.
- 12.09.2013DAILY NEWS REPORTER BARBARA JONES "REWARDED" FOR NOT DEVIATING FROM LAUSD PARTY LINE
- 11.11.2013LAUSD GIVES ME A CHANCE TO BE A HERO FOR STUDENTS, TEACHERS, AND FAMILIES - CARE TO HELP?
- 10.30.2013MAYBE LAUSD CAN'T TEACH CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T USE THEM
- 10.25.2013DEASY'S RESIGNATION IS JUST ANOTHER TACTIC TO AVOID REAL SCRUTINY AT LAUSD
- 10.24.2013WHY DOES UTLA CONTINUE TO SUPPORT LAUSD'S VIOLATION OF CALIFORNIA TEACHER DISMISSAL PROCESS?
- 10.08.2013CHIEF LAUSD ATTORNEY DAVID HOLMQUIST- ABOVE THE LAW?
- 10.07.2013 Commented on CHIEF LAUSD ATTORNEY DAVID HOLMQUIST- ABOVE THE LAW? Peter, you misunderstand something. It is not just one teacher that Holmquist is denying their job as a teacher, but ALL teachers who have gone to the OAH irrespective of whether they win or lose. THEY will not be allowed...
- 10.02.2013LAUSD'S IPAD FIASCO - IT'S A QUESTION OF PRIORITIES
- 09.30.2013LAUSD BOARD PRESIDENT VLADOVIC ADMITS TO ONE-SIDED TEACHER DISMISSAL PROCESS
- 09.27.2013 Commented on IDEAS THAT CAN GET YOU LABELED A RACIST AT LAUSD Actually, Obama attended the most prestigious private school in Hawaii called Punahou.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punahou_School) He then attended a private school in Indonesia, followed by Pepperdine, Columbia, and Harvard Law. No, he did not attend public school and doesn't seem to have any...