About Leonard Isenberg
I am a second generation teacher in LAUSD. I graduated from Monroe High School in 1964 with an excellent public school education that has allowed me to earn three college degrees: BA in European History- UCLA, Doctor of Jurisprudence- Golden Gate University, and a Masters in Education- UCLA. The exceptional education I received as a basis for my later higher education has given me the ability to be successful as a producer in the motion picture business, a professor of comparative law in France, and a social studies teacher at various locations in Los Angeles. My life experience both here and in Europe motivates me to work for the creation of a first rate public education system here in Los Angeles and elsewhere in the United States, which I unequivocally believe is the prerequisite for dealing with the myriad of problems that we presently face as a society.
- 11.21.2015OILING THE WHEELS OF TERRORISM
- 11.18.2015LAUSD ABANDONS CAHSEE AND ANY REAL ACCOUNTABILITY
- 11.12.2015FRIGHTENED POLICE MAKE BAD COPS
- 11.09.2015 Commented on GOVERNOR VILLARAIGOSA AND THE LATINO MAJORITY IN CALIFORNIA I couldn't agree with you more. But the vast majority of our fellow Americans don't share our belief....
- 11.09.2015"SPOTLIGHT" ON LAUSD AND THE LOS ANGELES TIMES
- 11.06.2015SANDERS' DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISM VS. INVASION OF THE CORPORATE BODY POLITIC SNATCHERS
- 11.04.2015TRUMPING DONALD CHUMP
- 11.01.2015GOVERNOR VILLARAIGOSA AND THE LATINO MAJORITY IN CALIFORNIA
- 10.27.2015NO PUBLIC EDUCATION REFORM WITHOUT OBJECTIVITY
- 10.26.2015 Commented on WHY LENNY ISENBERG WILL NEVER BE LAUSD SUPERINTENDENT As you correctly take exception with, just ending social promotion does not work, unless it is coupled with an intense program as early as possible in a student's school career to get them caught up to grade level. The longer...