About Leonard Isenberg
I am a second generation teacher in LAUSD. I graduated from Monroe High School in 1964 with an excellent public school education that has allowed me to earn three college degrees: BA in European History- UCLA, Doctor of Jurisprudence- Golden Gate University, and a Masters in Education- UCLA. The exceptional education I received as a basis for my later higher education has given me the ability to be successful as a producer in the motion picture business, a professor of comparative law in France, and a social studies teacher at various locations in Los Angeles. My life experience both here and in Europe motivates me to work for the creation of a first rate public education system here in Los Angeles and elsewhere in the United States, which I unequivocally believe is the prerequisite for dealing with the myriad of problems that we presently face as a society.
- 11.22.2014MIRAMONTE SETTLEMENT BLOCKS ANY LAUSD DISCLOSURE- THE CRIMINALITY GOES ON
- 11.12.2014LAUSD & UTLA- IS CLASS SIZE REDUCTION THE BEST YOU CAN DO?
- 11.10.2014THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING- AN UNEXPECTED CELEBRATION OF LIFE
- 10.31.2014SINGER CARLA MORRISON: A BORDER RUNS THROUGH HER
- 10.28.2014THE POLITICS OF PLATITUDES- WHERE CHANGE AND ACCOUNTABILITY ARE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND
- 10.27.2014TEXTBOOKS THAT ARE NEVER OBSOLETE- A SCARY THOUGHT FOR SCHOOL BOOK PUBLISHERS
- 10.23.2014 Commented on WILL THE REAL PROFESSOR DIANE RAVITCH PLEASE STAND UP? With all due respect, the arguments made by the plaintiffs in both the earlier Reed case and in the subsequent Vergara case make no sense. So the succinct comments that Ravitch made afterwards were more than sufficient to blow holes...
- 10.22.2014 Commented on WILL THE REAL PROFESSOR DIANE RAVITCH PLEASE STAND UP? Let me see if I can address your confusion. There are few if any academics who have a greater knowledge, awareness, and the celebrity to disseminate what is and has been going on in the war against teachers to privatize...
- 10.21.2014WILL THE REAL PROFESSOR DIANE RAVITCH PLEASE STAND UP?
- 10.21.2014 Commented on WILL THE REAL PROFESSOR DIANE RAVITCH PLEASE STAND UP? At the root of every other problem we face in this country is a purposefully failed public education system. In the 1950s and 60s when I went to LAUSD, it was the antidote for poverty, drugs, broken families...and lack of...