About Leonard Isenberg
I am a second generation teacher in LAUSD. I graduated from Monroe High School in 1964 with an excellent public school education that has allowed me to earn three college degrees: BA in European History- UCLA, Doctor of Jurisprudence- Golden Gate University, and a Masters in Education- UCLA. The exceptional education I received as a basis for my later higher education has given me the ability to be successful as a producer in the motion picture business, a professor of comparative law in France, and a social studies teacher at various locations in Los Angeles. My life experience both here and in Europe motivates me to work for the creation of a first rate public education system here in Los Angeles and elsewhere in the United States, which I unequivocally believe is the prerequisite for dealing with the myriad of problems that we presently face as a society.
- 01.15.2017 Commented on LAUSD BOARD CANDIDATES: PLATITUDES WITHOUT A PLAN Your comment presupposes continued voter apathy being written in stone. It would actually take a relatively very few voters to put the crooks out. Several LAUSD Board candidates have already reached out to me with regard to an endorsement offer...
- 01.15.2017LAUSD BOARD CANDIDATES: PLATITUDES WITHOUT A PLAN
- 01.13.2017 Commented on EVER WONDER WHY UTLA DOES NOTHING TO PROTECT TEACHERS? WHY NOT POSE THAT QUESTION TO UTLA'S DISBARRED CARL JOSEPH However, Carl Garrett Joseph was disbarred 9/22/1989 Case #87-C-15838. While Joseph seems to have been readmitted to the bar, he should be thankful that he is not a teacher, since once removed from teaching based on fabricated charges these teachers...
- 12.21.2016HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH?
- 12.20.2016DOES A FREE PRESS STILL EXIST FOR TRUMP TO ATTACK?
- 12.15.2016THE REAL COST OF MARGINALIZING THE "ELDERLY"
- 12.14.2016 Commented on IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO REFORM THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE "5TH COLUMN" The problem is that I actually believe that Bernie Sanders is an honorable man, who truly wants to reform the Democratic Party. For me, the essential problem he faces is in being able to separate people like himself from hacks...
- 12.14.2016IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO REFORM THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE "5TH COLUMN"
- 12.05.2016THE 10 IDEAS TO FIX PUBLIC EDUCATION TRUMP APPOINTEE BETSY DEVOS IS LEAST LIKELY TO PROPOSE
- 11.16.2016WANT TO STOP MANSIONIZATION IN THE MIRACLE MILE?